To our valued clients,
As the world begins to focus on restarting the economy post-COVID-19, and politicians debate if, when, and how to get Ontario back to work, many businesses are trying to determine what standards, laws, and precautions will apply and need to be taken when restrictions are eased or lifted. At BRIKS Design-Build Group, we have our own process of re-opening that involves strategies that correlate with the government’s COVID-19 guidelines. We value all of our clients and that includes their safety, which is why we have put together a brief letter that outlines our goals for re-opening our high-end construction services.
Safety is our main goal
We all want to get back to work as soon as possible, but that involves returfing to work in a safe manner that limits the risk of contracting COVID-19 for everyone. BRIKS Design-Build Group will be adhering to all the safety guidelines put forth by the Ontario government. These guidelines include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve.
- If you use a tissue, discard immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid high-touch areas, where possible, or ensure you clean your hands after.
- Where possible, wear gloves when interacting with high-touch areas. Do not touch you- face with gloved hands. Take care when removing gloves. Ensure you wash your hands- after removing them.
- Wash your clothes as soon as you get home.
- If you are ill: notify your supervisor immediately, complete the self-assessment, and follow the instructions you get.
With the easing of self-isolation and shut down rules in Ontario easing slowly, it is very realistic to expect that not all projects will be able to continue immediately. If there are renovations being considered at this time, they have to be carefully and thoughtfully planned out with professionals that are Renomark members that follow a strict code of ethics and are familiar with COVID protocols. Additionally with that, it is best to initiate the design-build process earlier than later, and have all necessary drawings ready for submissions to municipalities, as there will be longer than anticipated wait times as municipalities struggle to get back to applications being processed and catching up on a backlog.
BRIKS Design-Build Group is dedicated to providing the utmost care and safety with our client’s projects. Returning to work in Ontario will be a process, but we are fully committed to working with the government and deploying strict safety guidelines for all of our job sites and projects. If you have any questions regarding the continuation of your project with BRIKS Design-Build Group or about our plans for a safe return to business, we encourage you to get in touch with us here.
We have all done a valiant job with substantially flattening the curve in Ontario. Now let’s continue the fight and return to work in a safe but effective way for everyone!